C & C++ bookstore in association with Amazon.Com
Books About c/c++
Programming in ANSI C by Stephen G. Kochan
- Whenever I have to do something in C, this is the book I use as
refernce. Well written and not a chore to decrypt. Published by Hayden
The C Programming Language : ANSI C Version
- Most of the C & Unix Gurus learned C from this book. This book is concise and powerful -- like C itself. And it was written by Kernighan himself. All real C programmers should have this K&R book ! ; Brian W. Kernighan, Dennis M. Ritchie;
The C++ Programming Language
- This book is an essential addition to a C++ programmer's library.
The author invented the language! It is not for dummies, and it wouldn't be my first choice for an entry-level, self-help tutorial on C++ for beginning programmers ; Bjarne Stroustrup;
Data Structures, Algorithms, and Software Principles in C by Thomas
- If you have
not gone to school to learn computer programming, I recommend you get this
and read it. It represents the 101 course you missed and is written well
enough that you don't need a professor to explain it.
Recursive Algorithms by Richard Lorentz
- If you have finished the Standish book above, you should get this book
next. This is a more high level discussion of recursion and data structures
used in recursion. To iterate is mortal. To recurse is divine.
Mastering Regular Expressions by Jeffrey E. F. Friedl
- Once you are comfortable with the syntax of Perl, it is time for you to
begin to utilize the true power. Regular expressions are perhaps the most
important topic to master within the Perl CGI universe. This book has it
- Unix in a Nutshell by Daniel Gilly
- Excellent UNIX manual for CGI Programmers since this book contains good
explainations of all the commands as well as great discussions of
permissions and sed and awk, two invaluable tools for doing major HTML
template rennovations). Published by ORA.
- Programming With Microsoft Afc
- by Eric Swildens, Selena Sol and published by Wiley. AFC allows Java
programmers to create different GUI components like buttons, scroll bars,
and graphics. This is a programming book for Java and Windows programmers
interested in AFC, teaching the technical details needed to program with
Java in Windows. CD-ROM contains over 75 example programs in Java, and
ready-to-use GUI components.