Wright & Ditson Golf Clubs and collectibles
Golf Antiques & Collectibles
Click for Golf Equipment ...
Antique Wood & Vintage Golf clubs & collectibles
Golf Clubs available for purchase...
George Wright and Henry A. Ditson each owned sporting good companies in the
1870s. Wright & Ditson company was founded in 1871 and was bought by Spalding in
1891, however the name was continued on golf clubs & balls till into
the 1940's. In the 1930s the company's name was "A.J. Reach, Wright & Ditson
and ownded by Spalding since 1891.
Al Spalding, A. J. Reach and George Wright all played for Boston's National
League baseball team in 1877. These 3 athletes and business men were all key
players in the early sporting goods and athletic apparel in the late 1800's and
early 1900's. For more detailed information on these companies and specifically
the lawn golf history and equipment including clubs, balls & cans I recommend
reading the excellent sections in books linked below :
Click for Golf Books ...
- Seymour Dunn "hand Made" early 1900 putter with RGL & crown inscription design
- Wright and Ditson KRO-FLITE early 1900 putter with crow inscription design
- A.H. FINDLAY early putter maybe from 1890s
- Bill Mehlhorn LO SKORE sheathed wedge with H&B inscription and man holding putter design
- Ralph Tyler MOR-KIK sheathed wedge
- Above listed golf club pictures available upon request
- email email@example.com
Below are pictures of a few vintage Wright & Ditson and other brand golf items :
Hickory Shaft Wood Golf Clubs for sale ...
Copyright ©2000 CyberGolf & WoodGolf
CyberShop for golf antiques
Golf Collectibles & Antiques
Yorba Linda, CA
For more information
contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last update 11/12/2000